• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

HyperX DDR2 settings

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rubaduck

Hi guys/girlies,

I recently setup a new system that is working fantastic, but have a query on memory.

The basics I have are:

Asus P5AD2 premium with P4 3.4ghz (clocked to 3.75)
1 Gb of Kingston HyperX DDR2 5400
Asus ATI X800XT

The memory seems to be detected on post tests as 4200 and sometimes 3200!?!

Any ideas on why this may be and how to best setup the BIOS on my board to take full advantage of this supposedly excellent RAM???

I am not too good on the overclocking front (I am a Server and Exchange bod by day - no need to overclock quad Xeon servers)

I have to say that the machine flies and is super stable, but I just feel its missing out a bit on the RAM front!!!!

Any help much appreciated.

Gazza

Welcome to the forums. Congrats on the new system.

Is there an auto setting on the ram. Maybe set it manually. I don't know much these.

I'm sure someone here can help you.

Can we see some benches of this new rig of yours. :drool:

Hi Slimmy,

Thanks for the welcome and fast response!

I would like to set it manually but I have no real idea what settings to change in the BIOS - the memory section is somewhat complicated for me (I have had boring genuine Intel boards for the last few years - you are lucky to be able to change the date and time on them!!)

I ran a benchmark with 3dMark 05 and got 5,281 - I have no idea how this compares though - maybe someone with a similar setup could let me know if its in the right area??

FarCry, Doom 3 and the like all fly at 1280x1024 with everything on though now! (I cant go higher that 1280x1024 as I have a TFT!)

Cheers again,

Gazza

Developments

Just been investigating and managed to setup the ram properly.

It made a tiny difference - the 3d mark 05 is now up to 5,322.

The ASUS Ai booster panel shows:

FSB : 900
3,831.69Mhz
225x17

And the ram is now PC2 - 5400 when I boot the machine in POST tests!

If I have anything wrong here or they could be better, please let me know!!!

Cheers,

Gazza

Back