• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

xaser III water cooling

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Lt_Horn

i have searched, but i cant find any pictures or atleast working pictures of xaser IIIs with a water cooling setup in them, id really appreciate if you sent me some links or posted pics of them. btw i have seen the xaser III case mod, but that doesnt have exactly what im looking for, what i really need is pics of internal systems with a hc or somthing similar

what exactly are u looking for. the regular Xaser III's are quite roomy cases (my roommate has one). You shouldnt have any big problem fitting a WC setup inside one. I've got the Xaser III Lanfire case thats even smaller and fit a setup in mine pretty easily. I think the only think you might need a pic for, is if you want to fit a dual 120mm rad in the bottom front of the Xaser. I can get some measurements and what not for you if need be. btw, my roommate is air cooled :-/

what im actually trying to figure out is how i can mount a chevette hc from the top internaly with out it looking crappy...i mean the holes where the usb and firewire are...its about 60mm longer than an 120mm fan cover so i dont know how to fix that little prob.

the only thing i can thin of is getting another 80 or 120 m fan cover and just puting it underneath but as a blow hole...air coming from outside through the rad then next to it air blowin out from the case (there would be fins directing the air away from the case

Well you can take that plastic cover off, thus exposing just the fan hole and the usb stuff. They, you might even be able to leave the usb slots in there, and just cut 120mm towards the back of the case, thus making a blowhole starting at the usb area, and finishing 120mm or so later. I too am planning on using a xaser III for my wc, and this seems like it could work. If worse comes to worse (and this is not to say this is a bad idea), you could take the cover off, and cut the usb area out, and end at the far side of the 80mm fan hole.

If anyone DOES have pics of mounting a double HC in the front of a Xaser III though, please send em this way :)

Here's some pics of mine:

Currently cooling my CPU and NB.

Load temps at 35 celcius, Idle at 25 celcius, ambient at 22 celcius

ResOnly.jpg

Insidecase.jpg

Oh, and the Xaser III is a ***** for watercooling. tough to mount the rads anywhere at all. I ended up having to construct the reservoir/fan shroud/radiator hole piece at the top.
You should probobly just sell the Xaser III and get a Coolermaster CM Stacker, Lian Li V1000 or V2000 or a traditional Cheiftech Dragon/Antec case.

Ive hated the Xaser III ever since i started working seriously with it. Oh god i hate those n00b days when i got it.

novashine, do you have the fans sucking air from the radiator? How efficent is that? oh, and about how tall is that setup on the top, as i dont have TOO much space between the top of my case and the desk, but i have maybe 5 inches or so, might be able to make it about 7.

The fans suck air up and out. They're Evercool Aluminium 120mm fans which should deliver 80cfm at max speed. Not quite sure what u mean by efficiency though. I feel pleanty of wind passing through the fins if that's what u mean.

hmm well I have the xaser II and wondering myself how to put the dual HC into/onto my case... I told achilles about the possibility of drilling 2 holes on the right side of the case and mounting it there but that might be a stretch. I thought about putting it on the bottom also like legendosiris suggested but that leaves about an inch of clearance between the HC and soundcard; no room for the fans. I also thought about putting the hc in the front and thats probably where its going to have to go... All im waiting for is my gpu block and pump. After that I'll just take out everything and try to fit it all in there. I'll let you guys know and if by some miracle i get it in the front I'll definently post some pics :p

NovaShine how did you make the shroud? i mean what do you use to make it seal? is it hot glue or somthing? i may look into somthing like that because i do have a littl space above my case and a few lights in that and it would look really nice

Back