• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I Need Help Tweaking RAM

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ockid08

Registered
SISOFT SANDRA​
CPU Arithmetic -ALU 8685 MIPS
-FPU 3306 MFLOPS

CPU Multi-Media -Integer x4 19802 it/s
-Floating Point x4 21035 it/s

Memory Bandwidth -int’d 2794 MB/s
-Float 2541 MB/s

CPU/MOBO​

Multiplier-10.5

CPU External Frequency-200

VCore-1.7V

AGP-Auto

DRAM-2.75V

Clock Frequency-2.1GHz

RAM​

CAS Latency-2.5T

RAS to CAS Delay-3T

RAS Pre-Charge Delay-3T

Active Pre-Charge Delay-7T

im sorry guys for askign you this i know it will be a stupid ? but i need to tweak my ram its running loose and needs to be tightened. i gave you al lthe stats of my machinge it has 1 stick 256 PC2100 i know i aint gonna set records but i need more performance and am low on money thank you for your help -Robby

i would suggest running three test to find stability .. its a hit and miss game wit this stuff... you have to benchmark and torture test to find stableness.. and tighten each timing one by one, if your real picky..

there could be bios settings enabled that shouldnt be .. if you give a model number and be more exact on your system it would be easier to help ..

its a single stick of 256 DDR PC2100 but has the bandwith of 15 GB/Per second :attn: due to how far i overclocked it. its samsung i know it aint the greatest but it does waht i need. im not sure about the model numbver ill look it up for you

yes some of them samsung modules are quite nice.. even the older ones..
i doubt you'll get to much more out of the ram though.. i would definetly start stashing some cash away for a upgrade.. espescially if your gaming..
would start with ram .. im not familiar with your board but does it have dual channel capabilities ?
cpu would also could be changed.. go with a xp mobile 2600..
hang around the forums and offer your knowledge and pretty soon you can browse the classifieds and find stuff that people have for sale here.. its a great community here !!

i dotn need i need to upgrade my CPU yet, ya its for gaming my little duron 1.4GHz is at 2.1GHz stable wso i think ill keep taht for a bit then i watn a AMD athlon 2800 then im might sell this computer and get the AMD 939 pin 64bit CPU :p

no my mobo doenst have dual channel :( ut i still have 15GB/ps bandwith

if i were you i wouldnt even waste my time on a 2800.. the one and only option i would take befor egoing nforce for (yes, even pci-express) would be a NF7-S V2.0 and a mobile barton 2600 and some good memory.. otherwise you should wait and go 64 .

oh yeah you got any screen shots of sandra or 3d mark ???

Back