• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

recommend me a water pump

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rhino56

non submersible.
it will only be cooling my 9800 pro but it will be pushing thru a 80mm black ice and a 120mm black ice. also a reservoir will be in the loop. i want silent powerful operation.

For something like that I'd say check out the AquaXtreme (AKA - MCP600). It's nearly as powerful as the MCP650 and from what I can tell and have read is alot quieter. You could probably use an Eheim 1048 or 1250 which aren't as strong as the AquaXtreme but if you're only gonna have that one block, small rad, and res, they'd probably work fine. The Eheims are even quieter but they just don't have as high of a head rating as the AquaXtreme. The AquaXtreme can also plug straight into your PSU and you don't have to buy a seperate relay switch like you would with the Eheims. Actually I think one of the Eheims has a model that has a converter built in that allows you to plug it into your PSU. I'm not sure where I saw it so I don't have a link for it (and I'm way to tired to go looking for it) so maybe someone else can post it for ya.

*Edit* I just saw that you said a 80mm BI and a 120mm BI rad. If you were leaning toward the Eheim side of things I don't know how well a 1048 would handle two rads so you might want to get the 1250 over the 1048.

Eyes.........can't.........stay..........open...............zzzzzzZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZzzzzzzzz

Last edited:
Since you're going for a small simple loop, i would reccomend you get a Eheim 1048. They're small and silent. It's more than enough pressure as it is more than enough since GPU blocks tend to not be very restrictive, unlike CPU blocks.

Looks like "aquariumsupplies" Is greedy :p thats what the differance is.
Also: check to make sure they are ~110V if your in the US. (and for EU area, I forget their wall power voltage, I think its ~220)

Quigsby said:
Could you recommend this pump for one that has a Fedco 2-302 HC, CPU and GPU waterblocks?
if i were putting all that on it id use the larger 1250 not the 1048

Back