• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What's your opinion on the IC7-G Max II?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mtb856

I know that it's exactly the same as the IC7-G and that they just slapped a sticker on it, but how well does it perform?

I just killed my MSI, so I've been digging around for a new board. I've been looking at the IC7-G, the DFI LanpartyPro 875B, and the Epox 4PCA3+..... the IC7 is the cheapest, but that's not necessarily indicative of performance.

Does it have the same voltage problems that plagued the Max III?

Thanks guys :)

Meatball

Voltage problems on the MAX III were the vvt on the RAM over 2.9. So that just made the MAX III expensive ;) over the IC-7g unless you mod the board.

All the IC7 series are great and have the same great stability and performance. The models just differ in extras (raid, gig lan, etc.)

I have used the IC7, IC7 Max III and many other Abits. I would recommend any of the IC7 for any P4C or P4E.

The Max3 voltage problems were for Vdimm over 2,9V Since the Max2 only allows up 2,8V, you'll have no problems. (unless you're planning on an OCZ Booster, then you'll need a mod for it to work)

Basically, the Max2 is a great board and I would definately recommend it! (i have a Max3 myself)

Okay, thanks :)

I just ordered it from the egg, so it should be here by Fri or Sat.

I'm not going to be using the DDR Booster... I just got some OCZ PC4000 Gold R.2 with the -D5 IC's on them, and they don't like going above 2.9V from what I've heard.

Back