• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best RAM for an A64 system?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Dukemurmur

I want 1-2gb of ram it will be run in DC in an nforce 4 board(when they come out)(i am assumming that the sam good nforce 3 ram will do the same job in nforce 4) So give me a list of the best IC's to look for and brands.....

I was told the 3700EB was no good in an A64 system wich was my first choice......so set me stright. :)

Well since my ram is the best iv owned so far i have to recomend my ADATA ram .

My PC4200 are the older ones and they do 284fsb or mhz for A64 max, and iv seen the newer chips do up to 300. The newer ADATA chips i heard use the TCCD Samsung memory now and thats what you should be getting.

I heard that PQI Has the TCCD ram also.

For the adata ram you can go here. www.komusa.com go to the hyperram store, pick whatever you want but make sure you change the hyperram to ADATA brand

From my experience with a neo2 plat, I would not use Hynix. 1:1 it runs fine. Start using ratios, it is gets quirky.

I am going to borrow some BH-5 from a friend tonight to see if it exhibits the same results.

Anything TCCD based seems to be wonderful..

CandymanCan said:
My PC4200 are the older ones and they do 284fsb or mhz for A64 max, and iv seen the newer chips do up to 300.

Any stable screenshots? I've tested several modules on several motherboards, and the A64's memory controller just doesn't like seem to like > 250HTT with 1T command rate when using 1GB. Every other A64 owner seems to come to the same conclusion.

There must be something about your configuration that's different than the 10+ I've tried.

Back