• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Rad + Shroud setup (pics)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

EgeWorks

New Rad + Shroud setup (new pics updated 27 Nov)

Just knocked this up the other day for my new system. It's a VH Commodore (an Aussie V8 sedan from '84) heatercore, it ended up fitting perfectly!

The shroud is made from aluminium I folded. It is to go in an external system that I'm putting together at the moment (on hold at the moment cos I'm almost finishing uni for the year).

117-1728_IMG.jpg

117-1729_IMG.jpg

Last edited:
Plans for the external setup is this. It is built in a cheapy case I got for free (painted of course:))The rad lies horizontally across the bottom with the pump (Swiftech one) above it, in the 5.25" drive bay spot. There is a fan controller inbuilt too and quick connects to join it up to my rig.

I've been slowly buying all the parts for about 3 months so now all i have to do is put it all together. I've noise insulated the entire case also. Home made waterblocks for the CPU and NB too. I'll post more pics as it comes along.

Here is the next stage. I've installed everything in the case. It still needs a tidy up before I fit the side cover and leak test it. I also still have to make the blocks...

Picture071.jpg

Picture070.jpg

Picture072.jpg

I should have the blocks done within a couple of weeks. More updates then:)

Back