• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

BigRiver & NVidia 6800 GTO overclocking

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

eduncan911

Has anyone thought of replacing the huge fan/heat sink on the double-pci card of the 6800 GT/Ultra with the ThermalTake BigRiver water cooling? Depending on the water block, I think it would be worth while. Guess the question is how hot can the memory run...

What are you guys running on your GPUs for water cooling?

Again, like my last thread, I'm looking for a very slient operation and clear appearence.

I'm thinking it's not best to put the GPU's waterblock after the CPU's waterblock using the same Aquarius III system for both. ;) But, in case someone has... :cool: Let me know.

I would build a DIY system with the thermal capacity for your GPU and CPU. Running two separate systems just adds another pump and set of fans for the radiator.

ZachM said:
I would build a DIY system with the thermal capacity for your GPU and CPU. Running two separate systems just adds another pump and set of fans for the radiator.
So you think running both the CPU's waterblock and GPU's waterblock through the same water cooling setup will be fine?

I take it I should run the water through the CPU first, and then to the GPU (in-line).

Do you have some links to some examples/diagrams?

Last edited:
You can run the CPU and GPU inline (just like you described), but I don't think your Aquarius system could handle the heat from both. The performance of those systems just doesn't match up to a well built custom system, or a kit from DD, Swiftech, ect. Prescotts, and 6800s are known to produce a lot of heat especially if they are overclocked. I don't think the Aquarius 3 could keep both cool in the same loop.

To cool your GPU and your CPU in the same loop I think you would need to build a whole new water cooling system.

How would a WC system with a Eheim 1250 pump, WhiteWater CPU block, stock WB on BFG's 6800U, and a 2-302 heatercore w/ Sanyo-Denki fans stand up?

Was asking any general expert :p kinda jacked your thread..... (my question had some relavance to the thead, so might as well not make a new thread)

Back