• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

VGA block opinions???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ChuckS

Now that I've got my CPU cooling done, I guess I should replace my 1U HSF mod on my 9800 pro with a WB.

Leaning toward the Swiftech, but looking at the Maze too. Other than price, is there any practical (as opposed to theoretical) differences I should know about? Using 1/2 tubing, AquaXtreme pump, D-Tek 120 procore and MCX6002 WB.

What's the scoop on the Aussie VGA block (Fusion something???)

TIA

the Silverprop Fusion HL is the best VGA block out now probably, as it has no aluminum and therefore no corrosion, and it also preforms very well. I would go for that from www.criticool.com, and you shouldnt even need the mounting clips to go with it. I had to order it from silverprop directly, as criticool didnt have the 6800 mounting clips, so it was a tad more expensive.

Between the mcw50 and the maze4, Its pretty close, although the maze might be a tad better. Both are pretty good though, but I would take the Fusion HL over either of them.

yep, fusion HL and SL are basicly the same, except the HL has clearance for RAMsinks, and the SL does not. So if you have a 9800pro, you would need that clearance, so get the HL.

I have a Silverprop HL on my 6800GT overclocked and vmodded to 455Mhz. Idle temps 42c/Full load temps 43c. LOL if that isn't a testimony to it's performance I don't know what is. Of course your pump and rad have to be up to the task.

Good luck....

Well, ordered from Criticool yesterday. Looking forward to it. Pump and rad in signature (finally updated it...)

Last edited:
the only complaint I have is the horrible mounting system with the ati cards. Maybe it is just me but those stupid springs keep falling out... I'm just going to buy some screws....

ergh, using metal screws doesn't happen to mess up the video card does it? I just tried the metal screw method and the screen comes up with heavy artifacts to the point where you can't even see anything. Like it is just a bunch of moving colored lines. I suspect 1 of two things...

1. The metal screws is messing with the video card?

2. the fact that I had to screw in the screws could have damaged the video card......

any ideas?

When I did my 1U HSF mod, I had to be real careful about how tight the bolts were. Had the same problem with artifacts. Don't overtighten, you may screw it up...

Back