• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Redid tubing.... pics

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jiggamanjb

I dumped the home depot tubing for the good stuff from mcmaster-carr. this stuff is way better. much clearer and easier to work with.

IMAG0001.JPG

IMAG0005.JPG

IMAG00066.JPG

IMAG00022.JPG

IMAG0003.JPG

IMAG0004.JPG

Now take some Yellow Highlighter's like 1 or 2 of the mand sqeeze all the juice outa them in the tubes and then youre tubes will Glow a bright Greenish Yellow. I did that and it looks awsome, and i dont even have a UV cathod i just use the 6 Blue Led fans that came with my Case 1 is 120mm and the others are 80mm and thier are 2 more 80mm blue leds in the psu. It makes anything UV sensative glow, and Blue cathods will do this also.

I think the highlighters leave residue, is that Tygon, Clearflex 60, or something else? Looks good, where is the radiator, and it that duct bringing cool air in from outside?

Looking good ;)

*sidenote - I think the markers he is referring to are the Zebra Neon markers which are UV reactive. The main kicker to using them is making sure to wait until the ink is completely dry which at that point is non-conductive. People have posted on these forums several times with pics about using them. I have to admit they look pretty slick...unfortunately with my artistic skills my system would end up looking like a 2yr olds coloring book....that is a 2yr old who doesnt understand 'staying in the lines'.

***EDIT***
UV Marker Pic

Last edited:
Thanks guys!

The rad is on top of the case. If you look closely at some of the pics you can see it. Maybe not the best place for it, but it's a little different.

Yes, the duct pulls air from outside. Not helping much now, we just got back to the 60's. Should be back down to the 40-50's next week though.

It's masterkleer.

I've been thinking about doing some of that UV paint on my parts, but as Bugs said I'm no artist. As for the tubing, I'm gonna get some Dye-Lite.

Here is my work log for that case if anyone wants some boring reading :D - log.

Last edited:
How about a pic with the case side off and some ambient lighting?

From what I see, it looks clean. :thup:

I do see a 90 degree in there though. :p

No i used the regualr Highlighter brand and itsb een in my tubes for a few weeks now and it still great, i drained it a few days ago and the tubes are still clear not stained yellow.

Voodoo Rufus said:
How about a pic with the case side off and some ambient lighting?

From what I see, it looks clean. :thup:

I do see a 90 degree in there though. :p

I take some pics in the daylight today.

Yes, there is a 90 degree ;) I had to do that to make that connection. From what I've read on here as long as there are less than 2, there should be no performance issues.

If you take a knife and scrape it across the lettering on your tubes, you can scrape the ink off and just have clear tubing.

Back