• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Pump ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BIG-O-2

Is it ok to use a bilge pump from a boat?
I was in Academy and found one for cheap, it is a little noisy but alot less than my current system with all the fans.
It said 500 gph on the package, but the thing is pumping like a race horse.
The thing I liked the best is it runs on 12v dc.

Anyone using one of these?

It is an ** Attwood V500 Bilge Pump **
$9.99 us

Dunno beans about bilge pumps so pardon me if I am asking a silly question...

Is it meant for sustained use? Some pumps are designed as jobbers, which are meant for intermittent use. Others like many pond pumps are meant to basically run continuously.

A bildge pump would not be made for continous duty. They are to pump water out of your boat.

I suppose if you had a hole in you boat it would be continous though ;)

OK, I have ran it all day long with no problems. And no heat rise from pump, water has been at 25C for 12 hrs now. The pump is guaranteed for 3 yrs, and it pulls 1.2 amps.

My computer is running at 40c right now with the pump and a home made water block, 1/2" hose it is pumping fine.

I will let you all know, the bilge pump can run cont if needed according to what I have found on bilge pumps.

They use the same pumps in salt water tanks in Galveston here is Texas.

Back