• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

When will DDR600 be released??!?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Sentential

Contributing Member
I just got my A64, and I have the need for speed. Anyone have a ****ing clue when OCZ plans to realese their DDR600? Im looking to buy an early Xmas present :D

Aren't the A64 memory dividers really good? So wouldn't some good really low latency RAM that can do ~260 be better than faster high latency RAM, if you use your dividers? It comes down to really fast, high latency RAM vs. slower low latency RAM.

I've seen some of the faster stock memory sets hit 300 MHz with some work, OCZ sells good PC4200 that is capable of it if I recall correctly.

hmm strange.. this german memory shop sells adata PC4800/DDR600 3-4-4 memory for quite some time now. hope the link works: link

maybe it isn't real DDR600, but its sold as that.

I asked this question to someone who works at OCZ and he said that they are not going to release the DDR600 cause not enough mobo's would be able to reach 300FSB so they abandoned the idea.

I have the OCZ PC4200 and the highest I can reach is 280FSB. I am hearing that the PC4400 could reach 300FSB.

mattspalace said:
Looks like all the memory companies have about abandoned the idea of selling DDR600 - probably focusing on DDR2 now. :(
yes i thing that is the mean reason
now we can only wait and see what future will bring
i hate to wait
:(

If you REALLY want to reach DDR600, I would suggest the 2 x 256MB kit of PQI PC4500. Probably get you as close as you're gonna get at this point.

mattspalace said:
If you REALLY want to reach DDR600, I would suggest the 2 x 256MB kit of PQI PC4500. Probably get you as close as you're gonna get at this point.
only one litlle correction
i suggest 2x512

2 x 256MB kits usually overclock higher than 1GB kits simply because of less memory chips.. I don't think PQI has released a 2 x 512MB kit of PC4500 either, just PC4400.

mattspalace said:
TCCD will do DDR600?? I would LOVE to see a link. Highest I've seen TCCD is ~DDR550 with 3-4-4-8 timings.
?? Umm ive seen alot of TCCD in the 320 range. If you want a source, look at Anandtech.

Hmm... I did some reading and it looks like Corsair (and possibly OCZ) have some kind of voltage regulator that cuts the voltage off around 2.9v (why most of us haven't seen better performance from higher voltage). I ordered a set from Mushkin, so I'll see what's the dealy. I miss Mushkin anyway. GREAT company.

See thread about 250mhz+ 2-2-2-5 on TCCD. SeanOCZ is saying that there has been a core revision in TCCD now, so maybe this latest batch will see even higher top outs, along with BH-5 level low latency

Back