• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I wanna try a diffrent socket

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

-Superman

I wanna try a diffrent mobo company

Ima build a 2nd system soon, just for modding purposes and cause I can :bday:

When ever I have built computers Ive allways used socket 478 motherboards and 99% of the time there Asus boards which are solid as a rock imo.

I wanna try a different company (Abit,Msi something of quality of course :) )

any recommendations ?

Last edited:
I think if I were to try something besides ASUS I'd go with Abit. I've heard they're extremely solid boards.

I've tried Giga-byte boards before but I was generally not pleased with them.

looks like a nice board bat.

after i made the original post, i went and looked at prices for diffrent sockets and they seemed high everywhere i looked.

probly gonnna stick with 478, but i think ima go with a Abit board and Im glancing at some MSI's .

thanks

-Superman said:
probly gonnna stick with 478, but i think ima go with a Abit board and Im glancing at some MSI's .

thanks

I would do the same thing due to there's too many problems with the new Intel LGA775 plus you really can't tell any changes.
I'm a Abit user an if you go with abit get the IC7-G Max II, IS7 or AI7 they all work great :cool:

i was browsing some past threads and someone posted "best motherboard" or something along those lines and it was the Max III and wow, just wow. That thing is impressive.

i agree.. i never used a abit motherboard.. i own one.. just getting all the other stuff befor i make the computer.

but i have heard very good things about abit.. as being VERY stable and the best overclockers.

btw they also report temps 5-10 dreeges hotter .

wow.. thats bad.. o took me 20 mins to get that.. and when i did..i fell off my chair.

yea.. cheeper ..better.. ...need i say more? ..o yea..faster.. + runs cooler nf7-s with a 2600 or a 2500 xp-m ..they are about 100-150 canadan dollers.. 85-135 usd $

Better and faster? Not hardly. I'll put up my "green" Prescott system against any air cooled A64. Last I looked they were fairly close to the same price. My system is rock stable, I love it.

Back