• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

12v pump

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Just to clarify...

Which are ya looking for- best bang for the buck, best overall maintained pressure, or best in the silence/performance department?

Not being sarcastic honestly.

What combination of the different capabilities are ya looking for?

Just get a normal AC pump and a relay card. Get more pressure and you can find the AC pumps everywhere. :cool:

The swiftec and danger den pumps will out perform many AC pump. They might not have anywhere near the max flow but they have incredible head.

Lol, my next pump most probably when I feel I have way too much cash on hand (yeah right) will probably be this one- AC btw, will require a relay

http://www.marinedepot.com/aquarium_pumps_pan_world_magnetic_px_ps.asp?CartId=

40PX - 13.5ft head, 480gph $115 delivered from MarineDepot

The guys at MD seemed pretty impressed with the PanWorld offerings. I am hoping to find some postings about them here before ordering but sooner or later curiosity is going to get the best of me ;)

I am guessing its gonna be a wee bit noisy but I think I can come up with an external box for it....when I eventually get it.

how about that mag 3, do you just hook it up to a relay card or is there any DIY wiring involved? Yeh, I was thinking about getting either that dangerden or swifty 12V.

the danger den and swiftech 12v pumps are exactly the same, both the Laing D4, just rebranded. The Mag 3 is cheaper, but Louder and more prone to leaks, however it gives about the same preformance as a D4, but is not 12v. I went with the D4, but thats just cuz im too lazy to hook up some other pump to a relay card or something. But it IS much more convienent, and the D4 is more powerful than any AC pump in its pricerange anyway. If you want superpowered AC pumps, such as Iwaki's, its gonna cost ya a lot.

Back