• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

CH-5 or TCCD?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Quailane

Hey, I have decided that I will save enough money to buy ram by not getting a good videocard. The question is, ch-5 or tccd? I was looking at that kingston hyperx at outpost.com for the ch-5 and the patriot ram at newegg for the tccd. They are both about $180 for a gigabyte. I have a dfi ultra infinity nf2 ultra. It can do 245fsb WITHOUT giving extra voltage (volt mod) to the chipset. I want 2-2-2-5 timings. Also, ram voltage is not an issue. I coul do up to 4 volts if I wanted to. Which would give me the best dual channel performance?

easy choice, tccd. are you sure that patriot stuff is tccd?

i had my pqi at 300MHz... tccd rocks.

Yeah don't get the CH-5 unless its the only thing you can find. Though looking at the PQI on Newegg the only latencies I see that has tccd timings is the pc2700, and that could be just about any kind of chip.

Banyon: very very nice, wish we could all get that kind of speed. The pqi plantium 3200, with the 2-2-2-5 should still be around.

Back