• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

wavemaster case and w/c suggestion

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Supra6

Registered
hi, i bought a wavemaster case, and was wondering (for the future) if i should go with installing the radiator on top or at the bottom of the case? am I gonna need to know the exact radiator before i cut or will it be a problem if i just put a 120mm hole there? if someone could explain how to mount a radiator to the top that would be great.thakns alot

peace

In that case people usually install the rad in the top as a blowhole. Since the case has 120mm fan support, you might be able to install it in the back.

Oh yah,

Welcome to the FORUMS!

no.... the Wavemaster doesnt have any 120mm blowholes. mount your single 120mm radiator ontop. i have the same coolermaster chassis as the wavemaster, and i cut out a 120mm blowhole ontop to fit the radiator.
5.jpg

a Black Ice Extreme will fit ontop, but you have to cut the PSU cage a little bit. The Thermochill 120.2 might not fit because its longer than the BIX. If i were you, id try to mount a Dual 120mm radiator up there. A single BIX doesnt do a very good job if you have hot components...

Or, if you don't want to do any cutting into your case at all, you can get a Black Ice Micro II (2 80mm fan) that will fit in your 3 1/4 bay

I ment he can use the rad as a blow hole on the top..I.E, create one. Or he can use the 120 fan at the back...if it has one.

Anyways, I think top mount is the simplist. What about an external box, or hinged on the side of the case?

Back