• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need some memory help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Hektik100

Registered
I wanna make sure im doing this right..

I have the Abit A7N8X Deluxe Motherboard with a AMD athlon XP 2700+ OCed to 2.296.9mhz. The Multiplyer is 11.0x by 208.8fsb. Bus Speed = 417 Which i think is too low for what my ram is capable of or am i wrong? I have 2x 512 MB Corsair TWINX PC4000 Ram ( Running dual channel) which is supposed to be 250mhz each. Correct ? with the two sticks of ram i should have 500mhz not 417. is this correct or am i completly wrong, or does my motherboard not even run this ram to the fullest?

Whats the best settings to run this ram at?
2-3-3-7 or 3-4-4-8? 2.5-3-3-7

Also. In bios do i want to have Memory Frequency at 100%? and just change the CPU External Frequency? Which is what im doing now. If i move the memory frequency up at all i cannot boot. So im just changing the Multiplyer and FSB. What is that Memory Frequency for anyways? When i boot the computer while its posting it says Memory Frequency is at 208 (Dual Channel Mode)

Last edited:
Back