• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need a little advice on my situation

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Hexnan

OK today i recieved my fortron 530, 2600m, si-97 with a 92mm panny, NF7 v2 and a little thermal goop (as5) to glue it all together with :)

if u noticed i havent ordered my ram yet cause frankly it scares me.

i want to get that mobile to at least 3200 speeds, thats the reason i bought it and i hope it works for me.

i also want a FSB of at least 200Mhz, ill take more and probably try to get more till im stable but i do not want anything crazy from my ram just a nice stable computer.

i dont have enough money for twin sticks of anything (looking for a gig) right now but with a Bday right around the corner i can get 1 stick now and one later.

that said what would be a good choice of pc3200 bought seperately. i havent narrowed it down at all, i really like the OCZ and PQI from what i have read.

do the paired sticks really offer that much of a benefit? if they do ill wait till the big day to get both

Hex

I am not sure which brand is best - although with respect to the dual channel kits I can offer some advice. The dual channel kits are simply two sticks of memory that have been tested and are guaranteed to work together in dual channel mode.

In theory, for dual channel, any two sticks of RAM of the same size, speed and latency should work together in dual channel mode.

Back