• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

6 systems all with white scum!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Surreal

'Surreal please contact Krag ASAP'
multiple systems, all with white scum!

HI

Over the last 3 years I made a multiple WC systems and ALL of them get nasty clouded tubing!

The next system I am using TYGON (the first time!)

What mixture of additives can I use without getting the nastly scum on the tubing! From what I gather it is the glycol. Can I just go with distilled and a good biocide? if so what biocide? Blue, red, green end result it does not matter. I see pics of systems with such nice tubing. BTW I dont want to change out the water for 2+ years.

Please advise me, I can really use it.

Last edited:
The problem may be ethylene glycol such as in most antifreeze. What are you putting in your system besides distilled water? take a look at This it contains no ethylene glycol which can cloud tubes. Also you need to completeley flush out your system

yep..thats very good to do..the hc or rad.. can have lots of stuff in it..

i hooked mine upto the outside hose and turned it on full.. i was kinda scard hopein that the rad would not burst with such high power.. well to tell you ..it shot the water 15-20 feet out of the other end of the rad.. cleanen it out to relly good....thus ofcorse runing it with some distilled water after the high presser cleaning

Back