• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help me get started water cooling

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

superamd

I need to contact Silversinksam, I WILL BE BANNED
I just switched to a P4 3.0e system from my a64, I seems to run a little warm on stock cooling but nothing unexpected. I have it overclocked to 3.6ghz but I know it will go higher with more volts but my air cooling cant handle it. I would like to keep the cost down and wanted to know a cheap way to get into watecooling. I was thinking maybe aquariusII or evercool wc201 (can pick one up for $70 on ebay). Are these going to be better than decent air cooling? What else would you guys suggest? I only want to cool my cpu not my gpu so I dont know if that helps.

A heat sink from Thermalright would probably be better than either of those kits. If you want to save yourself money and get results, build your own water cooling system. It's a lot of fun piecing it together.

I am building an external holding unit and am waiting for more G4 Storm blocks from Little River to be manufactured. I purchased a pump, Swiftech MCP650, at jab-tech.com and my Fedco 2-342 heater core at rockauto.com.

the best thing you can do is help us help you. read the stickies first then form your questions but before asking them do a search for more info .

crap, had big cool reply going and then I hit the wrong button.

I suggest you save and build your own. if you need Ideas i will gladly hand you some of my models

Back