• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ASUS-TUA 266 mobo-P3

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TufenHuden

I've got a question-on my old mobo this TUA 266 is off Ali chipset -handles
P-3 Tualitan chip-1.2 GHZ-256k-but this mobo can overclock but I don't want to do that but instead I would like to put in a P-3-1.4-GHZ-512k-so I'm not really overclocking except for going from 256k to 512k-cache-can I overclock mobo from 256k to 512k-can I do this or is there something speial or drivers that can do this-I like this mobo because on few mobo that handles P-3's but
supports DDR-pc-2100-2-GB- or SD-ram-3-GB-I got Ali-agp drivers 1.90 already in :eh?: somebody told me probly will for awhile-would I need extra cooling :beer: ........

Last edited:
Anybody here can't help-at least say something here-I'm crazy to try something like that......... :clap:

its hard to say with that mobo. I saw a few on ebay but then went for $60-90+, to much IMO. With that board there is no performance increase with DDR so not really worth it. You would not be overclocking it if you got the 512k vers. but the board may not work with it correctly. Have you done a google search to see if anyone else has used such a config. The cost of the p3-s even now still is to much $$. If you already have the p3-s 1.4ghz make sure you have the lastest bios for the mobo and give it a shot. Do the bios update before the cpu switch. Would be suprised if it worked in the board though.

Back