• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

prp800 deluxe and ocz pc4400

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

pvnarc

Registered
anyone have this combo? i have ocz pc4400 el gold with a 3.2e, seems when i run it at default speeds my system reboots under a decent load. suppose to be at 2.85ish or so voltage and the board only goes around 2.8 so assuming this is the problem. would the ddr booster help the problem? anyone oced with this system combo?

temps are around 50 idle, goes up to 60 or so during loads

have a volcano 7 heatsink now

it's not the combo, cpu is creating too much heat and system can't deal with it and reboots

for the prescot is the best water cooling
suggestion for air is
swiftech mcx 478, or thermalright xp 120, or thermalright slk 948u
with some silent 92 mm fan

I recommend the XP-120 but it's awkward to fit if the motherboard is in the case.

With my ys-tech fan at 7v my load temp is 38 after an hour of prime at 3.26Ghz

I have Shika PC4400 and it also uses Hynix chips. I'm using a DDR booster to crank 3.1v through the RAM. I also had to put in a 60mm fan to cool the RAM to get it stable. Also used a Zalman 7000 Cu, but just dumped it for water. definitely sounds like a heat problem though.

Back