• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Watercooling Case Suggestion

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

deception``

In the not-too-distant future, I plan on making the jump to A64, most likely when Nforce 4 boards begin to emerge. With this in mind, I have contemplated the idea of watercooling. I do not think it will be too difficult for me to execute, however, I need some suggestions as far as my case. My current rig is built in a Coolermaster ATC 201B SXT. A look at the inside of this case can be found here. My first question is: can I pull off a good setup using this case? My main concern is the fact that the bottorm right of the case is modded to fit the hard drives behand the fans, and there is no removable drive cage like what you might find in a Lian Li. I am quite fond of my case and am not too interested in taking a dremel to it (my skills are not that good), so I would like to know if there is any way I can fit a good setup in this case or should I look at something else. If I DO need to look elsewhere, my preference would most likely be a Lian Li as I am not a fan of chieftec/cheming clones.

Additionally, I currently have my sights on an A64 TDX setup. I have done some thorough research on watercooling, and despite the fact that a custom setup is cheaper, I think that I will stick with a kit my first time around. I only say this so I may familiarize myself with w/c before I begin piecing things together. At the moment, I only plan on cooling the CPU and the GPU (most likely on x800) as I am aware of the adverse impact of a NB block. With all of this in mind, let me re-iterate my questions:

1. Can I use my current case without mods, or do I need to look at something else?

2. Will a DD TDX setup provide good cooling? I'm looking for performance and could care less about the sound of the 120mm fan.

Thank you for your time in advance.

deception``

chieftec/cheming clones

I have one of those and Althgough It gives some space to work I dont really like them, It also depends if you are going to drag it around with you, If your not going to then You can get a heavy case like a cube server case or something, the case you currently have weems ok and should be able to run a decent setup from what I have seen.

but this is my two cents, as I said to many I would be glad to give you Ideas on customized wc setups etc... im hocked on it now :p

Gongo56 said:
if you're not going to be moving it, get a CM stacker

I looked at those but I found them to be less aesthetically-pleasing than my current case. Plus, do they have any with windows? This is a requirement that I am pretty picky about. Also, I don't do lans or a lot of travel, so I have no need to move my case until I move into my new house, but's a one-time thing.

deception``

My side panel should be in the mail on Monday. :D

Mind you, I'm finding I have very little real estate around my desk to put this thing...

And the procore is gonna be a tight fit up front.. *L*

EDIT- Spelling...

Back