• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus Silent Mode Tweak is Really Fun/Cool

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Capt Fiero

Ok for those of you that dont like or never use Asus AiBooster. Now would be a time to try it out.

I was grabbing some driver updates and saw they had a new Aibooster out. So I thought what the heck I will see if they improved it any over the old bug infested version.

Well, yep, they added a new feature that I love. Silent Mode. Any fan plugged into the MB gets slowed down, your CPU gets underclocked, it took my rig from noisy to can't even tell that it is on. There is a real time clock speed display dropped my OCed 2.8 from 3.2ghz that I was at, all the way down to 1400mhz. Dropped the cpu fan from 3800 down to 1800rpms. I was a bit worried about the temps but so far, CPU 27C case 30c. (I have an external cold air intake for the CPU)

I'm mostly interested if they finally added an option for AGP/PCI lock...Since that's the only thing that's missing IMO......

Capt Fiero said:
Sorry have not seen that, just only in the bios settings.

I see, Bro just be careful when you're trying to clock your rig with that apps. It corrupted my bios once. That's why i asked if they already added the agp/pci lock option.

Hi, I try and install this and get the error: "Failed to install IO driver", any ideas to what I may be overlooking? TIA...

Gov

I did not reply becuase I really dont have an answer for you. It just might not work with your board and CPU combo, did you check around the Asus site and see if they have anything for your board specificly.

Sorry to not be of much help.

Vflux just lock the agp/pci in the bios and run the AI prog

DO NOT USE IT [AIBOOSTER] i tryed it went to 210mg , it made my m/b go to 250f had to shut off comp hope i saved it ? good luck you have bine warned

teddy-2 john said:
DO NOT USE IT [AIBOOSTER] i tryed it went to 210mg , it made my m/b go to 250f had to shut off comp hope i saved it ? good luck you have bine warned
Thanks Teddy, yep AIB is crap, I'll stick to BIOS oc'ing ;)

Cheers,

cool it`s no fun putting new mb if we dont have to .. i`v had good luck in the bios seting thing`s .ps. i`s still working at the moment

Back