• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Thermochill 120.2 vs 120.3

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Circaflex

Well i revised my setup and im wondering is that 120.3 overkill?
DD 12v Pump
Cyclone Fusion HL V1.02 + Ram Sinks
Whitewater CPU Block
DD High Poly Res

or would i benefit more by getting a BIX?

If money is no issue, then go for the .3. In the future I plan to buy the .3 and place 6 fans on it. If money is kind of limited, then yeah, go with the .2. Both are GREAT performers. There really is no such thing as "overkill" in a rad, as long as you have a decent pump powering it.

well i think im more asking would the .2 be just fine? or would the .3 show a 5c-10C temp difference? Something of that degree of performance difference? or would id be just <5C ?

Circaflex said:
well i think im more asking would the .2 be just fine? or would the .3 show a 5c-10C temp difference? Something of that degree of performance difference? or would id be just <5C ?
I got both. It seems the temp is same.. so I think you should go for .2
.3 is very large.. do you have enough place to put it on?

i think ill go with the .2 because this is my first setup and money is tighter than originally thought, and i could upgrade later on or something.

now i have another question what would be the best way to put it on the top panel of a pc-75? i have a drawing i made in paint in less than 3 mins so dont laugh.

Key:
Black Boz = Rad
Red = Fan
Blue Arrows = which way air is going

Attachments

• rads.JPG
    rads.JPG
    25.1 KB · Views: 177
and do a push pull config? will it make temps that much different? would the Sunon KD1212PTB1-6AF 120mm Fan be good? or something better? Also would the fan grill from sntsystems be good to go with the 120.2? Or should i just buy 3 120mm fan grills from the egg?

Last edited:
Combine options 2 & 4. Use 4 fans in a push pull config blowing out of the top of the case.

Here are some older "work in progress" pictures of my PC-75 with a 120.3 installed at top.

01.jpg

03.jpg

11.jpg

thanks for the pictures SemiCycle what did you use on the top? A grill like the one from sntsystems or just 3 fan grills? also if i do a push pull like you are SemiCycle i dont want to have any of the radiator over the psu then because it will suck up some heat in doing that correct?

Back