• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Dual HeaterCore in PC-75

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I believe I have seen several 120.3's in the top of a 75, may take some modding, but I have seen it. The big question I would think would be width more than length.

ive seen 120.3s but what about dual heatercore? They are so wide and it could save me money dropping me below 300 bucks for my h2o.

they fit, but half of the core is over PSU. Also, to get flush fit you have to trim the aluminum frame of the case, else the core sits about 5/8 below top of case. Works fine though, I have a danger den dual core in top of my PC-75

157.JPG

Innovatek dual rad. It fits perfectly up top, just fitting inside the two inside rails of the top. It fits so snugly, I didnt even have to hold it to measure it. Just put it up there, and it held itself. Its hard to exlain, but if you look up top of the case, you will see two rails, it fits in there.

You could always move it forward, because most people dont use 6 bay devices anyways. I didnt, because of my res placement up top.

You might have to mod the case a bit, like cut off the psu bracket thingy and drill out the rivets connecting the top panel to see how much room there is. I found doing all that helped me install my 120.3 in mine: -

wc-rig.jpg

I'm running the PC-71 (same as the 75) and I'm going to have to do some chassis cutting to get my bonneville heatercore to fit in there. So if you're planning on going with te 120.2 HC then, from what these guys are saying, it'll work great. If you're planning on using a bonneville HC then you'll run into some slicing and dicing.

hmm thanks for the information guys, i think im gonna go with a 120.2 then since i dont want to have to cut anything from the beautiful pc-75.

Well.. any cutting you'd do would be invisible. *shrugs*

I'd rather not have to cut anthing either but mine is just out of lack fo time to perform the mod. Until then all my WC stuff sits on my shelf :(

Do what I'm doing - put a rad in the bottom! You'll have to elevate the case a bit and (more than likely) add a filter before the bottom rad, but it will be much better than two top mount rads, let alone a single top mount rad... If you plan on using those smaller rads, even better. You can keep the removable HDD cage and still have room for the lower rad. My setup (nearing completion) is a PC-60 with rad in the bottom (to the front), MCP650 behind it, and [I planned to have] a rad made of acrylic tubes above the pump. The two HDD's were put in the lower 5.25" bays, so a top rad was out of the question.

Circaflex said:
hmm thanks for the information guys, i think im gonna go with a 120.2 then since i dont want to have to cut anything from the beautiful pc-75.

You won't have to cut anything if you position the HC/Rad towards the front of the case taking the top 2 5/4 bays. Most people don't need that many bays anyway. I know I didn't.

I re-posted so of my older pics in this thread
http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=339598

Back