• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

overclock question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

makaka

i am looking for a new settup
witch one will overclock better
P4C800 or P5P800
note: i am planing to get prescott 3 ghz
and some extreme cooling to get 4 ghz :) :santa:

witch one will go higher in fsb

With chilled water either one will propabley get you there.
Both lock free boards, so I would get a processor they will unlock if you want the highest fsb.

If you get a P4C800 make sure you get he latest rev. I believe they are on rev 3 already. My rev.1 is a piece of junk when it comes to overclocking at a FSB of 250 MHZ. That's with a memory divider of 5:4 (320 MHZ). If I get some PC4000 memory and I can't load it 1:1 at 250 I'm selling it on eBay. Why should I have to droop mod when other mobo's will handle the load? :attn:

makaka said:
i am looking for a new settup
witch one will overclock better
P4C800 or P5P800
note: i am planing to get prescott 3 ghz
and some extreme cooling to get 4 ghz :) :santa:

witch one will go higher in fsb

P5P800..Best bang for you buck mobo and i know someone who have hit 4Ghz easily with the stock intel cooler......Keep in mind that this is the magic 6 mb by macci and the stilt. :beer:

thanks for info
but i have a littele question i heared about the poor performnce off the new lga vs 478
a p4 3.6 lga with 915i will match a p4 3.3~3.4ghz in 875 chipset
how performe the P5P800 (it is is as good as 875 chipset)?

i just put togther a new system with the P5P800 the prescott 3.0e LGA, with kingmax DDR500. i am hitting 3.5 with mem @ 400 and fsb at 230. and my temps havent gone up much. i wanna compare to someone who does have this mobo with a a similar cpu chip. my temps are only at 47 @ idle.

also have a 9800pro, if it matters.

Back