• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I'm a traitor!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

RoD

I had to take the watercooling out and underclock my computer because i needed the money (sold the WC parts.). I went from an 1800+ @ 2.2GHZ to running at 1.5 on a staples bought junk HSF combo : (

O well, im going to use this time to re-think and make a brand new badass setup.

Noooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't worry about it. I did the same thing for a while ('downgraded' to an SP97). Air cooling didn't limit my OC a whole lot, but it sure felt good to get the water back in for the low noise and another couple hundred MHz.

look at my sig. i had to make two computers into one and sell a CPU mobo and the watercooling stuff

I as well feel your pain ;-(

that really sinks low.... I am in a money jam... I am selling my legos!

ROD... when you say setup... you mean WC parts?

question... why do you underclock your computer? whats the point?

if your running at or under 60c its just fine....

Jon

I overclocked on SILENT air, 1900+ to 2ghz no sweat. literally couldnt hear it. IMOG has the pc now.

and if you see, 60c is no problem what so ever.

Jon

without water my chip wont even make 2ghz : (

yea i sold all my watercooling parts.

That sucks. :cry:
I guess its no better than my situation, I don't have to sustain myself, but my only income is $15 a week for mowing(during summer months only), Christmas money and birthday money. :-/ Got to find a stupid Job!! Just not at some fast food joint.....

Surreal said:
that really sinks low.... I am in a money jam... I am selling my legos!

ROD... when you say setup... you mean WC parts?

NOT THE LEGOS! It should never come to that! :beer:

The main reason that I underclock my tbred-b is due to heat in the room. Not only do I have the smallest room, but the one closest to the heater... :mad: I can definately feel a difference between 2.2ghz & 9800pro at 440/365 and 2.2//300/300 - and thats just at idle. If you're not [using that particular pc for] folding, why overclock it like mad on a crappy HSF for surfing? The only time the cpu goes over 70% usage is WinRAR, PAR2, or a game (which I don't frequent much atm).

People also ask me why I have a fast car but "drive like a granny"...until they spend lots of time driving with me...

Back