• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

WC suggestions

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Spion

i'm a noob at watercooling and need to find a good watercooling system/parts. this will be used in an fx-55 system. cost isn't too much of a factor but i don't want to get into outragous prices.

first, i would like to make the entire system watercooled. videocard, cpu, nothbridge, everything. the only noise i want from the system is the pump and other hardware, not too much noise.

2nd, the system need to be self-sustainable, meaning that after i get it set up i won't have to do anything else excpet maybe change coolant if needed.

any suggestions?

First off, the stickies are an excellent resource.

You can quietly cool with water with some work, but adding blocks to your northbridge and the graphics card rapidly increase the system costs. Having a definite price range that you can tolerate would greatly help for forum members to help you select components.

You definitely should look into heater cores for lower radiator cost (dtek has their pro cores back now, you should check them out if you don't want to mod your case), 120mm fans at 7-12V depending on noise preference. There are many pumps to choose from, but if you want to cool with multiple blocks a more powerful pump (Eheim 1250, Aquaxtreme, Laing D4 and higher) should be considered.

If you are successful you can leave the coolant in a year or more or indefinitely as long as visible signs of corrosion or organic growth do not appear.

my price range is no more than $400. i'll also take a look at the stickies

Back