• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Fatal1ty Site Is Up

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
pretty cool. but does anyone else think this whole deal is kinda cheasy? i mean a "pro-gamer" edition computer parts and all? im all for high performance stuff, but marketing it like this? lol just funny to me i guess.

PS
that board looks kicka55!! :attn:

Yeah, the Fatal1ty name doesn't bother me, but having that guys face plastered everywhere does. It's great that he won the contest, but leave it at that. I'm all for the high performance boards though.

The abit board does offer a lot more for the EX chepset compaired to the otherboards. The board looks so cool plus that have that cooling on the power mofets whitch will help.

I'd find it a lot more interesting if they took a well known overclocker, and name it after him.

The marketing being that might be lacking though.

Overall the board is better than not having it. So good addition.

Well here is my problem with it. They are targeting these boards to "gamerz" which we all know are tards when it comes to OCing. "Gamerz" are the same people that buy Thermaltake products, because they look cool.

Personally I feel Abit is an monsterous mobo, and they are tageting the WRONG audience. If they want to taylor to enthusiats, they need to put massive voltage options on the mobo, extra durable PCB and cooling options.

Flashy crap is a plus, but they should NEVER base a product on it. Plus WTF does this Duchebag Fatal1ty know about OCing?

If they wanted to make an OCing mobo, they need to talk to pplz like Macci, Fugger, Oskar Wu, or OPPtainer, etc etc etc. Not some duchebag UTer

Well we were guessing the price over at his forum and I came the closet with 200. A market rep. said there is no MSRP yet but it will be selling for over $200

I like how on the site, they don't mention anything about overclocking... mysterious indeed. I would love to see in a table all the bios options as opposed to the reiteration of the boards chipset and ram "solutions." What we need is more physical proof and not a lot of media hype, like that stupid clip at the top of the page.

I actually like the overall look of the board and if I was to upgrade, I would probably get this board only becasue I like the layout of the slots and the fact that there are no legacy ports besides ps2. All the leds? I can remove them. The OTESx2? undervolt them. It's just the layout that catches my eye. However, my opinion on all of this can change when I see the "Ultra Secrete double secret probation uber haxorz gamerz bioz optionz" created by Fatalty HIMSELF!

On a side note, I bet he uses the Aquarius 2.

When you buy the board you can contact abit and they will send you a speacial bios that will give you full freedom for overclocking, even those they say it is targeting gamers everyone knows it is for overclockers, the thing is full of fans even for thr ram :drool: o and the audio rocks to.

I'm a lil worried about that. Register your board and we will send you a bios that has the power to fry your board. Your board goes bad they have your boards number on file and say you killed it yourself. No RMA love for you!

If abit doesn't do that though, that mobo looks sweet. I like the X700XT they built to go with it. Very stylish.

Sentential said:
Well here is my problem with it. They are targeting these boards to "gamerz" which we all know are tards when it comes to OCing. "Gamerz" are the same people that buy Thermaltake products, because they look cool.

Flashy crap is a plus, but they should NEVER base a product on it. Plus WTF does this Duchebag Fatal1ty know about OCing?

If they wanted to make an OCing mobo, they need to talk to pplz like Macci, Fugger, Oskar Wu, or OPPtainer, etc etc etc. Not some duchebag UTer

Alot of Gamerz are overclockers, who do so simply for enhancing the gaming experiance.

Fata1ity is being used for his name. No need to call him a douchebag, either.

Doesn't Oskar Wu work for DFI?

Ssetre said:
I'm a lil worried about that. Register your board and we will send you a bios that has the power to fry your board. Your board goes bad they have your boards number on file and say you killed it yourself. No RMA love for you!

Well I don't have a problem with that, and anyone with morals shouldn't care either. The fact is that if you know you killed the board from over-volting/overclocking you shouldn't RMA. If you killed it knowing the possible risks of overclocking it was your fault. I'm sure Abit will have warnings all over the enhanced bios to be sure you are the one liable for toasting anything.

*Edit*
Ewww, I just realized I posted in the Intel section. :p ;)

Talk about cheeesy, the Jordan of games, lol gimme a break. I would one, never pay $150 or more for a motherboard. 2.) i could careless about a guy who won a gaming contest, big woop he is the best gamer big deal doesnt mean he should be designing motherboard's.

Like said above they need a overclocker to do that.

CandymanCan said:
big woop he is the best gamer big deal doesnt mean he should be designing motherboard's.

I highly doubt he has anything to do with the design. They are just using his name. its like Air Jordans. Nike designed them, but Jordans name on it, and sold it.

9mmCensor said:
I highly doubt he has anything to do with the design. They are just using his name. its like Air Jordans. Nike designed them, but Jordans name on it, and sold it.

From what has been read he had alot to do with the making of this motherboard. He was telling them what he would like to see in a mobo and what options he would like in the BIOS.

Sentential said:

Thats kinda funny, cause you see all the [OCG] tags in peoples sig. We just happen to be "Gamerz" who OC and have been doing so for some time. As for me I've been watercooled for almost 5 years now. I've done it from normal waterblocks to pelt cooled ones to direct die watercooling. At no given time have I even looked at a Thermaltake product. Only thing I can say say is your comment is the most BS thing I have ever seen.

Sentential said:

Personally I feel Abit is an monsterous mobo, and they are tageting the WRONG audience. If they want to taylor to enthusiats, they need to put massive voltage options on the mobo, extra durable PCB and cooling options.

I personally take offense to the comments about "Gamerz" especially being the founder of www.OverclockedGamerz.com ... And I fail to comprehend why a successful gamer should be relegated to a duchebag, jealousy maybe ? *sigh* There are alot of guys who put alot of time into OCG that would probably feel the same.

J :cool:

Wicked_Klown said:
From what has been read he had alot to do with the making of this motherboard. He was telling them what he would like to see in a mobo and what options he would like in the BIOS.
Wow, I am pleasantly surprised. Props to him. Figured he was like most pro gamers, who dont have the time to worry about hardware.

Back