• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Upgrade Asus P4C800E-Deluxe Rev 1 to Rev 2

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sugar_foot

Registered
I have an older rev 1 MOBO that I have had some general problems with that might be related to voltage. Before I start droop modding this biatch I wanted to know if anyone has managed to get a rev 2 out of Asus as a return and how did they do it? I don't think I can just call up and complain that my overclocking performance is poor. Even if my MOBO is still under warranty.

Welcome to the Forum!

As to returning the motherboard, if nothing is wrong with it, then RMAing it would be dishonest. If it runs as its supposed to, at default speeds, then you shouldnt return it.

Well isn't this mobo supposed to overclock and even has supporting features for it? I'm not trying to rip them off I just want the newer revision of my mobo. Why did they re-design it and sell it under the same product name if it didn't need some improvements?

Thanks

The older version has more mosfets!!!

If it says Rev2 on the PCB it just means that it doesn't drop CPU voltage on load as much but it has it's effect.

If you can droop mod successfully then it's better than the latest rev!

Also, sugar... think of it like this. They still sell the Ford Mustang since 40 years ago, but you can't just take a 76 model in and get a new 2005 :)

NoteUser said:
The older version has more mosfets!!!

If you can droop mod successfully then it's better than the latest rev!
I don't agree that it is "dishonest" to return a board advertized as a great overclocker, one which obviously had to be revised, if it does not perform to the user's satisfaction. If he explains to Asus his reasons, that is.

However, from what I have read, Noteuser is right that the rev. 1's overclock better once the droop mod is fixed. See this post by vflux, the master of the P4C mods. ;)

Back