• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

865 LS-Found a solution to unlocking the Vcore

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Dcasole

I think I have found a solution to unlocking the 865 neo 2 LS vcore when running a prescott

Neo 2 LS unlocking the Vcore

I have the Vcore set at 1.5 which everyone in these boards seems to agree is safe and I am happy to report tha I am now at 3.71 stable :thup: .

My temps have only increased 2C

I am going to inch up the FSB slowly and see who far I can push this 2.8e ( if I am gone for awhile you know what happened :beer: )

Dave

Hey, that's great.... now you can see how far your processor will go :D That was an impressive overclock on stock vcore, BTW.

Hope nothing goes "pfft" on you :) My new motherboard should be here today or monday, I can't wait to see how far my PC4000 will go :D

[edit]

So it was Core Center that allowed you to change the vcore.... I wonder if that would have worked on my board (not that it matter anymore I guess ;) ) still, that's nice that MSI finally allowed the users to change their vcore.

yep loaded corecenter , set my FSB in the bios to 240 so I could use the " Ultra Turbo" settings and then cranked it up from there with core center

Right now I am at 3.71 and I only had one "hic up" as the system locked up when I was doing encoding , crusing the web and downloading e mail at the same time

Not sure if this was just caused by just asking it to do to much or caused by being overclocked to far . I am going to leave it this way for a few days and see what happens. I am a like afreaid to pump more " Juice" thru it as I am not sure my Mosfets can handle it ( I better check the caps and make sure they are not leaking)

2.8 at 3.7 boy that is like the little chu chu train , I think I can , i think I can :D

Dave

Yeah, I'd be careful since you have an 865PE chipset board, they aren't as heavy duty as the 875P's...... have you done any Sandra benches yet? I think we need to do some Sandra comparison's ;)

SandraSep292004.jpg

I think we need to do some Sandra comparison's
I am encoding right now but from the looks of it your scores and 2.4c ( that is your 2.4c you are measuring right?) are kicking my butt!! as I only score 10,300 in the CPU arithmetic

Dave

Back