• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Case WC Set up! Many Pics

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Archer36

Hey I finally got my WC and computer into a HUGE case as you will see in the pictures below. The case I found was a proliant 4500 that my school recieved as a donation but now is mine. The one problem with this case is that I don't even think it was AT standard as far as the mobo stand-offs. So I did a search here and found that insted of drilling holes for new stand-offs, just drill your holes then use nylon screws, nuts, and spacers. Well it worked great and i think you could throw this thing of a mountain and the motherboard would still be in the case. As for my componets I have in my WC system: B'ville HC (One Huge Core), Hydor L30I pump, Maze 4 CPU, Tee Line, and Clearflex tubing. Here are the pics

old_water.JPG

Yes this is my old case it with all its WC in it, mesures 18.5" x 8" x 15.25" HxWxD. Yes its all very squished in there!
compair.JPG

The Two cases side by side, and yes the old case fits in the new very easy. New case 25" x 8.5" x 21" HxWxD
firstbuild.JPG

K, This is my first build, you will notice the way the HDD is mounted, very badly, will fix that later on. Also note the huge B'ville HC, where the SCSI HDD rack would be (NO CUTTING!).
rebuildbeforew.JPG

I hated how the HDD was just sliding in the case, so I fixed that. Now the only problem was the wires.
rebildafterw.JPG

Here I try my best to get the wires under control still not the best but better.
front.JPG

The Two 120mm's in the front attached by greenman's great shroud!
back.JPG

Finally the back, As you see I have no backplate but not really a big deal. One of the biggest problems was with the PSU, the server had a huge 490 watt PSU in it, and I had to cut a metal thing that came out of the case to act as a adapter plate. Also I like the two covers at the bottom of the case that read "Warning Hazardous Area"!

Nice job getting that case.

I Like how the HDD is mounted, also nice to see anouther maze user, seem to be only a few of us around latley.

ls7corvete said:
Nice job getting that case.

I Like how the HDD is mounted, also nice to see anouther maze user, seem to be only a few of us around latley.
Thx, Yea I so far I do not think I have seen anyone mount their HDD that way, according to Maxtor its okay for the drive too. Yea every now and then I see someone with a Maze on a AMD not to many of a P4.

you should work on some aesthetics next.
close of all the cracks and holes fro dust's sake man.;)
looking good so far...but I dont know about your pump positioning
that HDD's vibration is going to resonate throughout the whole case....use some mousepad inbetween it and the case

Senater_Cache said:
you should work on some aesthetics next.
close of all the cracks and holes fro dust's sake man.;)
looking good so far...but I dont know about your pump positioning
that HDD's vibration is going to resonate throughout the whole case....use some mousepad inbetween it and the case
Yea, aesthetics is not my thing, as for the HDD its a little louder, but I can just notice the difference. The pump may look like its haning, but actually its resting on a flap of metal.

greenman100 said:
it wasn't supposed to need duct tape, but ok
I could be wrong, but even though the foam did conform to the ridges it still did not seem like it could be has conformed like duct tape. Plus I love Duct Tape.

Now all you need is to hire a midgit to stay inside and maintain the case. He should fit in there easy.

Moos3d said:
Now all you need is to hire a midgit to stay inside and maintain the case. He should fit in there easy.
ROFL, but some how I think that would be a bit degrading.

Back