• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Does this look like a good radiator ?!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

corleonee

Disabled
I can get this radiator for very cheap. Its a noname radiator. What do you guys think ? Will i get good performance with this radiator ? Give me your opinion please.
It's dimensions are: 24,5 x 19 x 5 cm
It made of alu/copper

bb_1.JPG

Actually, I'd bet alot that it ahs more surface area, thos fins are pakced together very tightly.

But, you'd pretty mcuh need a blower to get any airflow through it.

The tubes are probably fairly large, so I wouldn't assume that the flow restriction is going to be significant. It may very well be better for coolant flow than some heatercores.

It looks like a common AC evaporator. Got a link to it?

Otherwise, I wouldn't bet on good performance: you can do better with a heatercore. The heatercore performs better because the coolant flow is restricted, through an arrangement of zig-zagging brass plates, which puts the coolant in turbulence, improving heat dissipation. Straight tubes, like the unit above are usually made of straight (round) pipes.

Back