• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What's involved in putting 1/2" barbs on a Heater Core?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

miklebud

At this point in time, I've got a single Black Ice Pro and I have yet to actually put all of my watercooling in my case. I've been doing more and more reading that suggests that I should have gotten something other than the BIP to begin with. So I'm tempted to buy a Chevette heater core and try to solder/braze 1/2" fittings on.

How difficult is this? I know I'd have to cut off the original inlet/outlet fittings, but how difficult is it to put on the 1/2" fittings?

What would I need to do it? Also, where could I get the 1/2" fittings for the installation?

Is this really going to help my setup going from a BIP to a Heatercore?
DangerDen RBX
DangerDen VGA Block (Old Style)
ViaAqua 1300
1/2" tubing
DD Reservoir

Rig:
Barton 2500+ will OC when I put the WC on
BBAti 9800 Pro
Asus A7N8X-D

Thanks guys!! :)

That doesnt necessarily help. :p I'm looking to do it myself. I am somewhat inclined, but am really just wanting to know where to get the barbs from, and if it would actually be worth the extra effort over keeping my BIP.

But thanks for the post. :p

Back