• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Keyboard unresponsive on first boot

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

fabulouscoops

Keyboard unresponsive on first boot - IC7g

I have done a search on this forum for keyboard problems and this seems to come up more than randomly. I have tried the suggested fixes here and in the manual but no luck yet. Has anyone had this problem and fixed it?

I just built a computer with new parts from Newegg (my second build) with an Abit IC7g-max2 Antec true control 550 and fired it up for the first time. All the fans spin and leds light up and I get a single beep and a screen comes up with correct information on processor speed (3.0c), memory size (1 gig) and speed (DDR400) and identifies two HHD (120 GB WD) and one CD+/-RW drive (Plextor) on IDE2 and IDE1 respectively. The CPU, Memory, CD RW drive, monitor, PS2 keyboard and USB/PS2 wireless mouse have all been used before and work. The hard drives are new and unformated.
The problem is that I cannot enter the BIOS by hitting the del key. The keyboard is plugged in correctly and getting juice because I see the diodes light up for caps lock and num lock but none of the keys work.

I have:
rebooted with insert key pressed then tried del.
cleared the CMOS multiple times
removed the battery and reinstalled it >1 min.
changed the jumper on the keyboard wake-up pins.
Used a different keyboard.

What else should I try? Thanks for any help.

Sig under construction.

Last edited:
Update:

Fixed the problem by moving CD RW to IDE2 and keeping HDD in SATA 1+2. Also, I failed to mention above that I had an audigy card plugged in. Removed that and the board works fine. Got into BIOS and am running memtest86 so floppy works. Configuring RAID next.
Thanks for reading about my Halloween scare.

Back