• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My Watercooling/Case Mod Project (pics)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Legion2005

I am with all this new stuff I got from Directron.com. This is my first case mod project, so if there is anything I am doing wrong, please just let me know. Heres the pics......

Heres all my little extras I am putting in... with my watercooling components.

Attachments

• Everything.JPG
    Everything.JPG
    83.6 KB · Views: 1,263
Legion-

Maybe its just me but I only see one pic. That is the one of the components (or most of them at least) sitting on the workbench. Did you intend on posting a 'final' or 'in progress' type pic?

Bugsmasher said:
Legion-

Maybe its just me but I only see one pic. That is the one of the components (or most of them at least) sitting on the workbench. Did you intend on posting a 'final' or 'in progress' type pic?

He's getting there, he's on 56K, and uploading them takes a little while.

Here is where I am putting the Small Radiator. This fan will be pushing air out though the radiator. I am in the process of building a shroud. (The lighting isnt the best, next time I take pics... I'll close the door :)

Attachments

• Small Radiator.JPG
    Small Radiator.JPG
    45.9 KB · Views: 1,242
Last edited:
Here is where I am putting the big radiator. These fans will be pulling air in. This shroud is half way done.

Attachments

• Big Radiator.JPG
    Big Radiator.JPG
    56.6 KB · Views: 1,237
Here is a good pic of all the fans I am using. They are decently quiet, and they push air really well. I dont have the specs of them offhand. I am just going by when I turned them on. :)

Attachments

• Fans.JPG
    Fans.JPG
    23.1 KB · Views: 1,214
This is what the front of my case looks like right now. I am plannin on either painting it metallic silver or metallic black.

Attachments

• Case Front.JPG
    Case Front.JPG
    49.4 KB · Views: 1,209
This gives you an idea on how flexible this tubing is. I have an idea that over time it will get harder, but its some pretty good stuff.

Attachments

• Flexible.JPG
    Flexible.JPG
    53.3 KB · Views: 1,185
While I was out in my shop, I thought maybe I should post some pics of our LAN party tables. Sandman and I built them... and still in the process of adding to them. Thought it might be somewhat of an interest here. We can fit about 15 to 20 people if we want to squeeze it, but usually get around 10. Eventually we might have a router, but this is out in the middle of nowhere.

Attachments

• Full View.JPG
    Full View.JPG
    53.8 KB · Views: 1,174
Our 24 port 10/100 HUB. Its pretty decent. About all we play is counterstrike. All those cords are built in under the tables. I get tired of running wires for people.

Attachments

• HUB.JPG
    HUB.JPG
    54.2 KB · Views: 1,176
Sandman taking a picture while I am walking.... whatever though.... :)

Just showing the length of the tables... I think they are 8ftx4ft. If we really wanted to we could squeeze 6 people to a table.

Attachments

• First Table.JPG
    First Table.JPG
    48.3 KB · Views: 1,158
Sandman and I ran ethernet cables under the tables... There are 6 per table... and they just hand down. So far it has worked ok. I should have made them a little longer though.

Attachments

• LAN Cables.JPG
    LAN Cables.JPG
    58.1 KB · Views: 1,157
Sandman and I just started to put powerstrips under the tables. We are starting to get professional.. lol, well I'll stop boring you with our little LAN setup.

Are my fans evercools? I dont remember. Is 80 CFM good? I remember buying them cause they had a strong industrial look... and they said they were queit. I dont know about the quiet part, but they are heavy duty.

My work is still in progress. If you have any suggestions let me know. I dont think I am going to buy any more supplies, but if I am setting something up wrong, lemme know.

Attachments

• Power Strip.JPG
    Power Strip.JPG
    41.6 KB · Views: 1,145
Very nice. It is really worth it to have good LAN stuff. Me and my buddies just pitched in on a 16 port switch and it makes the network setup trivial.

Hey maybe we can combine forces some time, ;)

Keep up the case work, I can tell already that you are taking your time and doing it nicely.

ls7corvete said:
Very nice. It is really worth it to have good LAN stuff. Me and my buddies just pitched in on a 16 port switch and it makes the network setup trivial.

Hey maybe we can combine forces some time, ;)

Keep up the case work, I can tell already that you are taking your time and doing it nicely.

It is for us, because not everyone who comes to our LAN's knows anything about networking, and setting it up.

This makes it really easy, and quick.

i dont know if i'm just stupid or tired, but the rad on the top is pullin in? why not go with a double fan setup and have the exaust going out the back , not in the computer. and the shroud is on the wrong direction?

peace

Back