• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Low water alarm, pretty cool

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

skahtul

I think I am going to order one of these and test it out. If you use a res, this could be a really good add-in. If it can sound an alarm or flash an LED, then you can easily hook it up to a relay to cut the power to your system. That way if something starts to leak, you could have your system shut its self off.

ALARM

For only $3.50 I think it is worth a try.

pwnt by pat said:
Bong setups might be nice.

Hmmm...using the alarm might be easier and cheaper than constructing the visual indicators that people make with two 90 degree barbs and a length of tubing to show water level.

Nah.

Polonator said:
Hmmm...using the alarm might be easier and cheaper than constructing the visual indicators that people make with two 90 degree barbs and a length of tubing to show water level.

Nah, dont think its any cheaper. Definitely not as much fun. I put 2 90 degree 1/4 barbs and 1/4 vinyl tubing on my pvc pipe res. Bet I dont have 3 bucks in it. Kind of hard to see through the pvc pipe. My guess this alarm just works via the probes being conductive in liquid, like an ohm meter. When the conductivity goes away, then a relay trips to form a closed circuit signaling the alarm.

that would be pretty good for an evaprorative/nuclear tower doodad so the light comes on when you need water.

Back