• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Tt_Bigwater Nice write up.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
For a kit it is pretty good but if you want a power kit I would look at Asetek WaterChil powerkit with the larger rad it will outperform the bigwater, but on the other hand the big water looks supercool.

Seems nice, be a good kit for someone who wants a simple kit just to quieten their PC a bit. The pump is only 20dBa, and the fan on the radiator is only 21 dBA at full tilt!

If the performance numbers are to be trusted, as the guy obviously knows very little. I am no pro, but even I laughed at a couple things he said.

ya funny stuff here

We have been preaching 120mm fans around here for years. Its good to see that folks on the manufacturing end are seeing the value of the high CFM that don't have the high dBA levels seen with many 60 and 80mm fans. The BigWater comes with a variable speed 120mm blower.

tell me if im wrong but is the 120mm fan on there just a norm fan lol not a blower? how stupid is that place? i mean come on people can we really trust this review? i know i sure dont.

Last edited:
Hmmmm, sounds like good and cheap water cooling.....

Now if only I had a spare $155 and a bigger case......

Copper black and Al rad. :eh?:

Nice work thermaltake ;)

Edit: It apperas that Tt are not such big dumbasses. It appears to be a copper piped condenser.

Most of the people just contemplating water cooling are scared off by the idea of building their own watercooling.

I think Pre-built is the way to go for newbie water coolers until their/our knowledge and experience in this area improves.....

Me, I like the sound of pre-built, but making my own sounds a little scary.....

With a kit, you will still have to assemble it all. The only thing extra you do with a DIY setup is pick out your own components. It just requires a little more research to get much more for your money.

If i ever suggest anyone to get a kit, it would either be the Aestek kits or the Coolermaster Aquagate. The latter cools just as good as the high end Thermalright heatsinks, cept at a fraction of the noise. It's easy to install and it looks pimp :D

I was asking someone about the Aquagate the other day and they told me it was crap! This thing just looks absolutely sweet!!!!

"Seems nice, be a good kit for someone who wants a simple kit just to quieten their PC a bit. The pump is only 20dBa, and the fan on the radiator is only 21 dBA at full tilt!"
21db @ 90 odd cfm. If you believe that, you're right in thermaltakes target market - that of the newbie with money. Theres no physical way its that quiet - thermaltakes marketing is very... erm... adventurous.

Last edited:
Etacovda said:
"Seems nice, be a good kit for someone who wants a simple kit just to quieten their PC a bit. The pump is only 20dBa, and the fan on the radiator is only 21 dBA at full tilt!"
21db @ 90 odd cfm. If you believe that, you're right in thermaltakes target market - that of the newbie with money. Theres no physical way its that quiet - thermaltakes marketing is very... erm... adventurous.
Its a shame there is no standard for measuring sound :-/

Back