• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

which mobo??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
That ABIT board is okay, but is the 915chipset. Not sure if it makes a difference to you, but if ya want something a little more future proof, you should go with the ABIT AA8 Duramax. It uses the 925 chipset and is only about $30.00 more money. Plus it has a $50.00 mail in rebate right now which brings the total to $102.00! Here is a link for it. :clap:

ABIT AA8

I have an Abit AG8 like in the link. It has PCI-E slot, but uses regular DDR RAM. The Abit AA8 uses the new DDR2 RAM. That's really the main difference. They both have the newer LGA775 socket. Look at the "green" computer in my signature for an idea what to expect with good air cooling.

what's the difference between different chipsets? are they different cpu sockets?

jnev_89 said:
what's the difference between different chipsets? are they different cpu sockets?

925x - An ultra-high end solution; replacement for the 875P chipset. Supports DDR2 only. Supports "PAT-like" technology "not called PAT" that, I guess, makes it faster than the chipsets below.

915P - The 'high end mainstream' solution; replacement for the 865PE chipset. Allows motherboard makers to choose DDR2 OR DDR; we should see boards with both to make upgrading easier.

915G - Same as above, but includes a DX9-capable integrated graphics controller. Not something you'll get excited over however.

Pretty basic explanation of the differences. :) All three use the LGA socket!

Back