• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which of these 2 pumps?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sPaNk

Registered
I'm new to WC'ing (and this forum) and i'm starting to design a WC system. What I do know is that I am planning to use a 77 B'ville heater core (1/2 ID) with 2 x 120 fans in a CMStacker case.

As far as pumps go, I have heard good things about both Swiftechs MCP650 pump as well as C-Systems DUAL CSP 750 Mark II pumps. Anyone want to comment on what I might be better?

Thanks,

EDIT - Just saw similar thread to this one. Sorry.

sPaNK

Last edited:
C-Systems is crap. Don't buy it. Stick with an Eheim 1250 or MCP650. They're both reliable and quiet (relatively in the case of the MCP650) but the MCP650 is about 50% more powerful than the Eheim. If you're willing to do a little bit of work, the Mag 3 is also a hell of a pump. For $40 it's just as powerful as the MCP650 and quieter. You would have to replace the rubber o-ring with RTV sealant or Marine GOOP, because it will eventually develop a small leak on the intake. Takes 5 minutes (though an hour to fully cure) and costs about $3. It'll be leak free and last forever after that.

Why is the C-Systems crap? I've seen a few favorable reviews with 2 pumps in series configuration. The MCP650 has some noise to it (a whine of sorts IIRC), but is an excellent performer. The Aquaxtreme is also a good one to look into. Mag3s and Eheims also rank well on the AC side of things.

Voodoo Rufus said:
Why is the C-Systems crap? I've seen a few favorable reviews with 2 pumps in series configuration.

Recent findings have shown that the seal used in the pump might pose a problem when used in series..something about it only sealing in one direction.

It is a nice long thread at Procooling that I am to tired to link to.

Well i havent used those 2 pump's, i use an Eheim 1048 pump and it works perfectly and has been for 3 years now. Its quiet also and reliable

Bad ConNecTioN said:
Recent findings have shown that the seal used in the pump might pose a problem when used in series..something about it only sealing in one direction.

It is a nice long thread at Procooling that I am to tired to link to.

Yep, I know the one. Bill's skepticism of the pump's quality has been justified.

Alacritan said:
C-Systems is crap. Don't buy it. Stick with an Eheim 1250 or MCP650. They're both reliable and quiet (relatively in the case of the MCP650) but the MCP650 is about 50% more powerful than the Eheim. If you're willing to do a little bit of work, the Mag 3 is also a hell of a pump. For $40 it's just as powerful as the MCP650 and quieter. You would have to replace the rubber o-ring with RTV sealant or Marine GOOP, because it will eventually develop a small leak on the intake. Takes 5 minutes (though an hour to fully cure) and costs about $3. It'll be leak free and last forever after that.
Please do not blast the product before you ever own it. I own a C-system pump and love it. running 1 block, and dual 120mm heater core, getting good temps. If you are not crazy on temps, I say go for it. Its a great little pump.

I'd suggest an Eheim 1048 before a C-Systems. The design is inherently flawed. I'd like to see one last as long as ANY Eheim. Spend the few extra bucks and buy yourself something that's quality.

Gotta agree with the mag3 for the bang for the buck. Mine is setting on a piece of 2 inch foam, and you cannot hear it with the case open if you are 3 feet away. Graphs show to be on par with the MCP650 or the Laing, but about half the price. I sealed my oring with just a light coat of clear silicone, as I did not have any rtv lying around. Works great, and lots of flow.

Back