• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

First WC rig setup

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Nimitz

Since i am a noob when it comes to watercooling i was wondering if yall could critique my setup. All opinions are welcome.
The main goal of my setup is to reduce the noise lvl of my system and to greatly reduce the temps of my 3.0 P4E (the great oven) along with my 6800gt.
so here is what ive come up with so far, this system will be a 1/2 ID sys.

List:
cpu wb=Dtek whitewater
gpu wb=not really sure yet (suggestions welcome)
pump=Eheim 1250
radiator= Black ice pro II dual 120mm
double floppy bay rez

I was wondering if in some sort of way, could i fit all those components into this case:
Ulra Dragon Glossy Black. When i mean fit, i mean clean and neat that looks good.

If not do yall thing that the eheim would be able to handle an external setup that would be right beside the case with the tubing entering the rear of the case.

Another question i had was, would 2 heater cores of the same size out perform that radiator.

thanks

First off. IDK about running internal, there is a million of those style cases around so search a bit and I am sure you will find the answer.

If not do yall thing that the eheim would be able to handle an external setup that would be right beside the case with the tubing entering the rear of the case.

Yes it can.....
If you want silence it will be great but if your looking for performance then the lack of pump power will cost you a bit, especially with 2x HCs.

Another question i had was, would 2 heater cores of the same size out perform that radiator.

yes. 2x 2-342 is the way to go with external.

So what pump would you suggest for an external setup that would provide better performacne?

For the gpu waterblock id say a zalman from tigerdirect.com ($30) or some sort of one from dangerden.com.

Well I have a Eheim 1250 pump, external as well.. works very well, for GPU if your looking to cool the 6800, Danger Den makes a block for it, but it is expensive, $125 last I checked.
Rad wise. yoru better off getting a Fedco 2-302 heatercore, its $18 at your local auto part store, and is generally better then the blackice.. and cost less too.

ls7corvete said:
A mag5 would go well with an external setup. The MCPs are always good but not worth it in external.

There's no point in getting a Mag 5 instead of a Mag 3. They have the exact same head rating.

Osirus I'm interested in your watercooling set up.
Could you perhaps list the components you're using?

(and if you could detail where I could get them).

Also if you wanted to do anything different with your setup (better component for example) what would it be?

<--- investing in better water cooling.

Well I got everything in my setup from Danger Den.. www.dangerden.com
Im using a Eheim 1250 pump, Fedco 2-302 heatercore (got from autozone), its a 77 boniville heatercore with AC
AMD TDX waterblock lucite top
Maze4 GPU block for nvidia
Danger Den 5 1/4" bay resivoir
and clearflex tubing

everything in my setup is external, it runs really quiet and does the job very well.

thanks for the input.

now where would i be able to get a mag3?

Back