• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Will a Black Ice Extreme radiator be able to handle this ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CandymanCan

Disabled
Iv had this black ice extreme for a long time now going on 3 years, and i have it set up with 2 fan shrouds along with 2 92mm fans, my pump and rad and T line are external not in the case.

Will this rad be able to handle my Cpu overclocked, and my 6800Gt/Ultra overclocked.

I kinda wanan keep the temps below 50c for both, and my cpu reaches the upper 40's doing load already and idle's in the lower 30's. How much of a temp increase do you think i would get. Should iget rid of my 92mm fans and go for 2 120mm ones and just use the mount's on the raditor ? Im also kinda broke here and i might be ordering this waterblock with the 6800 Attachment so the price is ganan be $51 pluss the $12 for the PSU sleeving Kit im buying. After that im broke so will my 92mm fans do ?

Also will this be restricting to my Pump its the 1048 Eheim and its pumping through the rad cpu already.

If anyone knows a website where i can buy some psu sleeves and that waterblock for a little cheaper then $51 for the block that would be great

I say get the gpu water block enjoy the silence and then if you want some lower temps/higher OC upgrade later.

Keep your eyes open you will prolly find some good fans for cheap.

Although many watercoolers despise the BIX series, they're actually pretty effective little radiators, at least in my personal watercooling experience.

I would say that your single BIX should be *sufficient* for both your video card and CPU.

However, it won't do a *great* job, even with two 120mm fans.

The extra heat load of your GPU will get your water much warmer, which will in turn affect your CPU temperatures adversely. A single BIX is only capable of dissipating so much heat; this capacity can get 'loaded' pretty easily with a two-waterblock system thats heavily overclocked/overvolted.

But I would get your GPU block for now, and get an idea of where your temperatures are sitting with a two-waterblock system. You can always pick up a second BIX (they are easy to find used for a good price), or a larger radiator (Caprice sized) later on, if you feel the need to do so based on your temperatures.

Have u order from SVC.com before cussi m trying to order thier right now and when i type the Bank phonen umber which is 1-800-suntrust i can only type in 1-800-Sun, and it has a warning up top saying ifi dont type the phone number they will hold my order indefinatly.

Have u had this problem before where it lets u type i nlike half the phone number

CandymanCan said:
Have u order from SVC.com before cussi m trying to order thier right now and when i type the Bank phonen umber which is 1-800-suntrust i can only type in 1-800-Sun, and it has a warning up top saying ifi dont type the phone number they will hold my order indefinatly.

Have u had this problem before where it lets u type i nlike half the phone number

SVC.Com is a wonderful retailer. Not only do they have good customer service, but they ship unbelievably fast, too. Instead of typing letters, try entering all numbers. Your number should be: 1-800-786-8787.

deception``

Back