• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Do the Asetek VGA waterblocks fit on the 6800Gt's ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CandymanCan

Disabled
I was looking at the Swiftech MCW50 waterblock, but i dont like the position's the hoses will come out on the block, cuss it will interfeer with my 120mm fan on my window not to mentioned the block itself with the bracket for the 6800's totall's up to around $51.

I was looking at the Asektek VGA waterblock for $19 here http://www.svc.com/03-l-7620-40.html. Its a DIY kit i dont care about putting it together because its only $19. Does this block fit on the 6800gt's. It says i nthe description that it works on ALL ati and nvidia cards im just not sure if they have updated this for the newer Gt's.

I did some more hard searching and found that they do indeed fit on the 6800's, its basicly a universal block fitting on every single video card that has mounting holes. Im getting this one cuss its only $19 compard to other sites that are $45, i dont care if i have to put it together if i save myself $25

Just a little advice since I've used oen of those blocks before. Don't use the "quick release" inlets it comes with. Use normal barbs. With the quick release if you bend the tubing around or move it wrong water shoots out and/or the tube can fall out. Not to mention with the quick release you cant use 1/2" or good 3/8" tubing.

You think that will be able to cool a 6800?? To me it looks like it just shoots water at a flat plate over the gpu. Very little surface area, not much turbulance. A positive it that is should cause very little restiction

Back