• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

C-Systems CSP750-Yours Failed or Leaked ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

coolroyboy2

Registered
I have read the Procooling thred on the seal problems and was interested in finding out how many of the people that are using these pumps have had any problems. Also how many pumps have been sold.

I have a pair of these and I have been running them in series for 3 months non stop with no problems that I can see but I will be shutting it down to clean the dust out. I will be inspecting the pumps for signs of leakage and I may remove one of the covers and see how the inside looks.

If I find anything I will post pictures.

Did you read the entire thread? I know I didnt read it all, I kinda skipped around, I think the guys from c-systems were in there helping him out.

I have had absolutely no troubles with mine, its running strong.

Jon

Just yesterday, I had mine original 750 die on me. Ran I say 5-6 months, and Dtek replaced it free of charge with a Mark II version. Greats guys, I am local to them :D

The thread starter did not say his pump had failed (dont even think he has one), the point of his post was to point out an inherant design flaw in the C-systems pumps. It explained why the MFG recommended the pumps were NOT used in series.

I've had a C-Systems 750 since Mid July. About 2 weeks ago, it failed on me.

Looks like I should hit up Dtek for a replacement.

I'm running a Swiftech 650 right now.

When I got my pumps I did not read on any fourm or on the C-systems web site that the pump were not recommended for use in series. If you read the first review on the C-systems web site they test the pumps in series with no disclaimer that the pumps shold not be used in this way.
"Remember: connecting two identical pumps in series will increase the discharge pressure while connecting two pumps in parallel will increase the total system flow rate – pick one or the other, but not both"
image14big.jpg

"What I really found interesting was the ability of two CSP750s connected in series to produce over 5 PSI of head pressure." As shown above.

So when did the C-systems web site update there manual to include the phrase-Note do NOT connect the
outlet of one pump to the inlet of another
(in series) as this will produce little increase
in flow over a single unit install.

coolroyboy2 said:
So when did the C-systems web site update there manual to include the phrase-Note do NOT connect the
outlet of one pump to the inlet of another
(in series) as this will produce little increase
in flow over a single unit install.

Go to procooling, and talk to the guy who works at C-systems. He has mentioned several times that the pumps should not be used in series. He never said why, just that the pressure is a concern.
The reason being is that the seal only seals for negative pressure behind it. Thats not a worry when you only have one pump, but in series the possibility for positive pressure and a leak increases greatly.

Go to procooling and read the thread for yourself...alot of smart people have chimed in.

Back