• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What's the best 80mm radiator?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

lomend

Registered
I've been looking at this forum and I'm very interested in water cooling. I have an Antec Plusview/Cheiftec Dragon or whatever you want to call it (Picture of Case) and when everything is in place (motherboard, harddrives, graphics card, etc) there's no room for the 120mm radiators that i've been seeing, so I figured I'd just buy a 80mm radiator and stick it on the front fan.

I've been looking at the Danger Den Black Ice 80mm radiator and the Swiftech 80mm radiator but I don't know which is better or if they're even sufficient enough to cool an overlocked 2500+ XP-M at 2.5ghz. Can anyone recommend me a good radiator or perhaps another way to go about this? (I'd rather not do any modifications to my case.)

Id reccomend this one.

I seen that you said youd rather not mod your case but incase it does cross your mind to mod it here is what I would do. Keep the top bay for your cd rom(s) empty. Get this radiator and mount it on the top of your case by drilling or cutting two 120mm holes for the fans to mount and then mount the rad to the fans.

What if I were to put two of these 80mm radiators in series, like say...one in the front of the case and one in the back. Would that help or would it just impede water flow? I want to have silence AND better cooling at the same time with something that would fit inside the case,

Oh yeah, seeing how i need a fan for the radiator, know any decent 80mm fans that's virtually silent?

Back