• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

new water cooling setup...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

arctic-k20

Swiftech 6002
Danger Den Maze4 GPU
Danger Den Maze4 North bridge
Swiftech 12v pump
Swiftech Radbox
Dtek Heater core
120mm panaflow low spd fan

that is cooling the system in my sig - temps seem to be 35~39 idle and 45~47 load for the cpu...

the video card idles around 34 and load is around 39

those temps are with the cpu clocked @ 2.5ghz 250(2.5-3-3-10 1t)x10 4xhtt - i havent pushed too much higher than that - i do know the cpu will not do 11x250 - wont post...

im kind of let down on the ram.....i was really hoping for 275 but i get about 20 errors in memtest so i backed it off to 250 for now....

also im concerned about the case temp - with the side panel off i get 34 idle temps but with the side panel on it shoots up to as high as 44 idle...

yeah, if the case temp gets that high you might need some more fans to circulate the air...also, for the ram, you'll get better results if you run just one stick as opposed to two, try both of them and see which one you can clock the highest

The problem is you don't enough radiator for your system. A single 120mm Dtek heatercore and a low speed fan is not going to cut it. If you want a quiet system with low speed fans, you'll need a bigger radiator. If you want to stick with the radiator you have, you'll need a more powerful fan. The Panaflo (L1A I assume) doesn't push much air and has a VERY low static pressure, no where near enough to penetrate the heatercore. To get better results you'll need to upgrade something.

slayer899 said:
yeah, if the case temp gets that high you might need some more fans to circulate the air...also, for the ram, you'll get better results if you run just one stick as opposed to two, try both of them and see which one you can clock the highest

I didn't notice he had 2 sticks of RAM.

The most you'll see out of a dual channel setup is usually around 260mhz, though maybe a bit more if you pump some serious voltage into 'em. Take one out and I'll bet you could hit 275 easily, though maybe not at 2.5-3-3-10. Try raising it to 3-4-4-10 first.

i know i can hit 290 @ 2.5-4-3-10 1T with 1 stick ....

i wasnt complaining about my temps for the cpu or gpu - im actually impressed with them considering the ambient temp isnt the greatest.......the only temp that is higher than i expected is the motherboard/case temp for having 2 120mm's in the case i thought it would be lower.......but i think 35ish idle and 47ish load is pretty good considering 1.7vcore and 2.85vdim

Back