• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best socket 939 waterblock?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

capmuffin

What is the best waterblock,nothing too pricey,i will use it with my emy pump and heatercore w/ my 9800pro(until 6800) maze4 setup,i currently have a socket A maze4 also,Is thier anything i could use it for(was going to sell)

anyone? anyone wc thier winchester yet? anyone got any favorite blocks? comon guys im sick and cant do anything else and im bored :(

I'd go with the MCW6002, or MCW6000, depending on what kind of tubing you got in there (1/2 or 3/8). Im pretty sure the -64 version fits the 939's, and it is a damn good block for an even better price. Only $40 for one of the best blocks out there.

woah werd thanks man,baa tho cant order of dd,but sidewinder rapes too

The TDX wouldnt be a BAD choice, it would preform about as well as the MCW6000 series, but with a brass top and the accelerator nozzles it comes out to like $60. So youd be paying around $20 more for about the same preformance.

I'd go with the MCW6002, or MCW6000, depending on what kind of tubing you got in there (1/2 or 3/8). Im pretty sure the -64 version fits the 939's, and it is a damn good block for an even better price. Only $40 for one of the best blocks out there.
I'm of the same opinion, and I'm certain the right version of the 6000 or 6002 fits S939. If I do end up migrating to that platform later this year, I'm going to go with one of those blocks instead of purchasing a new hold down plate for my WW. One tube in and one tube out is MUCH more convenient and clean.

johan851 said:
I'm of the same opinion, and I'm certain the right version of the 6000 or 6002 fits S939. If I do end up migrating to that platform later this year, I'm going to go with one of those blocks instead of purchasing a new hold down plate for my WW. One tube in and one tube out is MUCH more convenient and clean.

Sounds like a plan. I too want to move away from the WW 3 barb design back to 2.

sorry but how can you ask for the best water block but at the same time have it be cheap? best and cheap dont go together.. give a price range

Actually, I think they can go together. For his needs (good performance, convenience, and S939) I think that the MCW6000/6002 is the best fit. It's also one of the cheapest offerings out there...around $40, no?
nothing too pricey
Obviously, he's not looking for a Cascade or G5 Silver.

ah but he asked for the best which would be the G5, G4, and cascade.. so i was going to offer those.. for straight performance vs price the swifty's are great.. but IMO look like crap.

lol gongo i wanted the best for the price (IE not 100+) so the swify seems good. Btw if you think thats ugly. Look at my first run at wc'ing......hey it was 31c@load and it cooled my 9600xt 120 mhz oc'd with the plastic still on the gpu block (dont ask)

watercooling2.jpg

watercooling3.jpg

Achilles17 said:
oh man, for the love of god clean up those wires! Also, why do you have a T-line and a Rez?
I couldnt decide which to go with lol i cleaned up the wires,but i miss having the wc'ing :( new setup will just have t line

yeah, after i set up my WC my wires got SOOO much cleaner, I just ran em all through one hole in the mobo basically. One area looks congested, right next to the rad, but other than that there are zero wires in my entire case that are really visible.

I have 2 MCW6002's and the Dtek WW A64 block.

On my 939 system it idles about 37C. The 754 system with the MCW6002 idles at 31C but it's a different MB, Neo-FSR.

The other system will have the same specs as mine but with a MCW6002 block and the Hydor L35. Both work great but the MCW6002 is cheaper.

Back