• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Watercooling a PSU

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
not Necessarily, convection might be effective enough. When I do do it, ill probaly give it a good load and run an IR therm. over it in active mode (so ill get temps of everything)

i would still recommend some kind of airflow going through your power supply. even the smallest amount of airlfow will yeild a big temp drop given the right conditions

There will probally be some amount of airflow though the system. My Heatercore 's fans will be my new case fans. Heatercore mounted on the top of the system, hole cut in the top fans pulling air from the inside of the system.

You can also change the psu your cover for one made of alluminium mesh.

I did this to mine and the temps in the back of the psu decreased a lot, because my exaust case fan sits just below the psu and helps the psu fan in its work.

psu_1.jpg

psu_2.jpg

I was planning on doing that when/if I watercooled the PSU, but with a much finer mesh. How do you have yours held on?

The mesh is held by the 4 screws (stock),the sides fit in the slits just like the original cover

I dont know if you can find a mesh that is much finer, the inner diameter of each hole is 1.5~2 mm. In the pics the holes look a lot bigger than what in reality they are.

there is alot of mesh that is finer, its just harder to find. look at the mesh that grease guards are mad out of, its <1mm square per hole.

Back