• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Odd Temps

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Adam_2002

Registered
Okay ive got a swiftec block/pump with a heatcore with 2x120mm fans on it
and im running a 2800+ stock right now at 1.65 volts and mbm reads my temps from 30-40 it depends if my window is open or not in my room just wondering why its not lower? here is some pics

Case-Project%20010.jpg
Case-Project%20011.jpg

Case-Project%20009.jpg

1. seems to me that you have alot of right angles, those don't help flow any. But that is my view, im still working on my setup. Still in the design phase.
2. What thermal paste are you useing? did you fallow the instructions?

Get some decent thermal paste and lose the 90º angles unless you really need them or something. That should help you out quite a bit. Also it seems that your ambient temp has something to do with it being that when you open the window it changes within 10º. Is your room really hot or something?

Ok, good somebody else agrees w/ my on the 90 digree angles. You can replace most of those 90's w/ good quality hose and your hose won't kink at those angles. If it does start to kink tighting some wire ties around the area should help.

If youre having trouble with hose kinking and dont want to get some better hose try moving your pump backwards so the angle from the pump to the rad isnt as much.

it uses the toliet inlet to fill/bleed, a plumper helped me out with the setup and he said those angles dont hurt the flow noticable

creepy said:
If youre having trouble with hose kinking and dont want to get some better hose try moving your pump backwards so the angle from the pump to the rad isnt as much.

what does that do, its not going up, the water is coming down so gravity is helping it, is it not?

I dont get what youre saying what im saying has NOTHING to do with flow and gravity. The 90º is screwing you up and it looks like its a pretty durastic angle from the pump to the rad. In which case if you have ****ty hose and dont use the 90º and all that garbage the hose might kink. Therefore if you move the pump backwards the angle wont be as durastic and the hose wont kink. Get my drift yet?

i see you have a t-line in there, it's sideways though, so it's not helping you get the bubbles out of the water at all. the fill-tube of the t-line should be pointing upwards.

The plumber knows city water pressure. The pressure created by the pump in your watercooling setup is far less than city pressure. The pipe used in houses also has a lager ID.

Another though: The more times you cut the tubeing to put in in a 90 or something, it adds 2 more places for the water to leak.

Back